Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 12 update

Day 12 went good. Third day w/out carbs. New workout with Dax Moy called the DB matrix that is different, slow, and good!

Not much happened today except I was a TOTAL grump after my oncall work this morning and felt like I had a big mood swing downward. This was the first day I would have loved to shoot back some tequila to change my mood, but I stuck with water. We celebrated my step-dads 75th birthday and while our gang drank margaritas ~ I had sparkling water with a lime. (OK i know the sparkling water was not a good choice for elimination, but I had an attitude and figured it was much better than tequila !!!) I did have some yummy grilled fish and fresh veggies for dinner. Watched the gang eat brownies w/ice cream, key lime pies and little shot glasses with desserts in them while they drank this great smelling coffee.

I did get many comments from my mom about my thinner look and she even said she was going to stop drinking and exercise to lose some weight. THIS is why I'm doing all this !!!! I remember now!

4 comments:

  1. Well done for surviving all those temptations - these opportunities don't take account of family festivities do they?

    Hope today with a few carbs relieves the grumpiness.

    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is why you are doing it and watching them all eat the unhealthy, yet yummy, stuff! Because you get compliments and you look great - and they don't.... Good for you to resist temptation, keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job resisting all the goodies. There was something about yesterday - seems like there were others feeling grumpy and down in the dumps, I was one of them for sure!

    By the way - what's wrong with sparkling water. Is it not allowed on the ED?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I didn't specifically ask but I figured since it has carbon dioxide in it ~ not the most "natural" substance. I just needed something with some "kick" yesterday.

    ReplyDelete